Friday 25 March 2011

An Introduction...

On the plane from Cairo to Mumbai, I started thinking about how I'd write about my travels. I'd start a blog, for sure, but would I also have time to write a full-on prose journal? Then I had a little crazy idea, inspired by a conversation I'd had with Natalie, Patrick's sister, in Italy: to write a four line poem every day, summarizing the day's events. As it turns out, I became addicted to writing a prose journal too; however, for some reason I could not let go of this little poetry project I had set myself...so I wrote the poems alongside the journal.

To cut a long story short, this blog is more archival than continual. I have already lost my Australia journal; if the same thing happens to my Asia journals along the way, at least I'll still have these poems to remember the little day-to-day details of my trip. I'm aware of how lengthy they are, which is why I chose to start a different blog especially for their purpose, rather than post them on 'The World Is A Book'. These poems are personally written, purely for my own enjoyment...but if you manage to find a little enjoyment in them too, then that would be a thrilling bonus!

Anyway, I'm waffling a little. Without further ado, let me present to you my poetic journey through Asia, month-by month. Thanks again for visiting this page...

No comments:

Post a Comment